I have been working with Merit Solutions Brisbane, a networked organization of professional HR consultants, to help them build their brand online.
One of our key strategies to establish brand consistency and build a professional image is to have each of the 20 HR consultants of Merit Solutions Brisbane establish a profile on LinkedIn, the worlds largest online professional network.
Some of the branding themes I have been emphasizing are:
- own professional career promotion through LinkedIn
- consistent branding for Merit Solutions Brisbane around ” human resource consultants”
- use of a consistent company name (because the company name is common globally and across industries)
- emphasis on keywords that reflect Merit Solutions’ roles – e.g. psychometric assessment, selection services, recruitment services, customized reporting, executive recruitment, selection scribing, managerial coaching, job applicant training, training for selection panels
- comprehensiveness of public profile
- creating connections with each other and members of related networks
To assist Merit Solutions staff I have created two tailored videos to help the HR consultants build the Merit brand on LinkedIn:
1. building your own professional profile on LinkedIn and branding Merit Solutions Brisbane:
2. creating connections on LinkedIn:
We will continually review progress towards building this consistent online branding.